Responsible for overseeing maintenance, safety, upkeep, capital improvements, and renovations to assigned buildings. Inspects property and assesses condition. Reviews plans and specifications for construction and other capital improvements. Establishes and maintains tenant, contractor, and vendor relationships. Develops, schedules, and implements preventative maintenance programs. This position involves hands on maintenance and upkeep of vacant spaces.
1. Responsible for maintaining assigned buildings. In doing so, performs periodic inspections of property and assesses condition of structure, grounds and parking lots, mechanical systems and equipment, and the like.
2. Inspects properties for safety hazards and ensure compliance with local and state requirements. Ensures problem areas are corrected in a timely manner
3. Arranges for, coordinates, and oversees contracted services such as landscaping, building maintenance, snow removal, HVAC and electrical maintenance, and the like. Assists in creating a scope of work, soliciting and analyzing bids and interviewing prospective contractors.
4. Reviews plans and specifications for renovations, repairs, capital improvements, and related projects.
5. Meets with vendors and contractors to discuss services, obtain pricing, discuss alternatives for cost reductions, and maintain cooperative relationships.
6. Plans, secures approval of, and implements preventative maintenance programs for each property. Monitors work of service providers, tracks costs, and maintains related records. Develops, initiates, and ensures compliance with preventative maintenance schedules.
7. Inspects construction projects for compliance with plans and specifications. Notes variances and works with contractors and managers to resolve same.
8. Establishes and maintains cooperative tenant relations regarding facilities maintenance, repairs, improvements, and the like. Responds to requests from tenants and coordinates with managers on unusual and/or sensitive issues.
9. Participates in annual budgeting process by reviewing and analyzing projected operating and capital expenditures. Analyzes variance in established budgets, implements action plans to address same, and provides reports and/or information to management as requested.
10. Interviews, makes authorative recommendations for hires.
11. Operate company vehicle as needed to perform job duties. Report immediately any problems with vehicle.
12. Performs other duties as assigned, some of which may be essential to the job.
1. Knowledge of the design, operation, and maintenance of building systems at a level normally acquired through completion of an Associate's degree.
2. Approximately five to seven years progressively more responsibility or related experience in order to gain knowledge of facilities management, overseeing contracted services, and coordinating and tracking preventative maintenance across multiple facilities.
3. Have a basic understanding of OSHA workplace safety.
4. Good interpersonal and telephone communication skills to screen service providers and maintain cooperative relationship with tenants.
5. Good written communication skills including ability to prepare accurate and appropriate documentation and to review, proofread, and check documentation for accuracy.
6. Computer skills necessary to enter and manipulate words and data and use standard microcomputer-based software to communicate with others, prepare documentation, and/or analyze data.
7. Internal Contacts: Asset managers to discuss and implement action plans for property; leasing personnel regarding tenant improvement and building construction issues.
8. External Contacts: Tenants to develop effective relationships and resolve operation issues; vendors/contractors to contract for services and ensure competitive pricing.
1. Work requires occasionally lifting and/or carrying objects weighing up to 20 pounds.
2. Work requires occasionally reaching and grasping with arms and hands.
3. Work requires standing, stooping, and bending and climbing ladders or the like when inspecting properties, monitoring vendor services, and so forth.
4. Work requires regularly traveling to various properties within assigned region.
5. Work is occasionally performed in an area that may be somewhat uncomfortable due to noise, temperature variation, or the like
Equal Employment Opportunity
First Industrial Realty Trust, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer Committed to Diversity, M/F/D/V