Responsible for the maintenance and repair of properties. Responds to repair requests in a timely manner. Determines if problem must be delegated to a contractor. Interacts with contractors to secure appropriate price and quality.
Essential Job Functions
1. Responds to tenant requests for maintenance in a timely manner.
2. Performs routine repair and maintenance of mechanical systems, plumbing, plumbing fixtures, locks, lights, and so forth.
3. Inspects building and reports the need to repair walls, floor coverings, door closures, and other deficiencies.
4. Assists in repairing and maintaining mechanical equipment by disassembling equipment, repairing or replacing defective parts, and reassembling and testing equipment as directed.
5. Performs general cleaning of properties.
6. Maintains work area in a safe and clean manner.
7. Completes and returns all work orders on the day work is accomplished according to established procedures. Secures signature of tenant for completed work as necessary.
8. Maintains log of activities including work performed, supplies and equipment used, time spent on each project, and the like.
9. Coordinates work of contractors, vendors, and repair personnel. Ensures work is completed according to expectations with minimal tenant interruptions.
10. Maintains grounds, parking lots, and exterior facade.
11. Reads and records electrical meters for assigned properties and forwards information to appropriate personnel as required or needed.
12. Coordinates inspections and work of fire alarm and sprinkler contractors.
13. Operate company vehicle as needed to perform job duties. Report immediately any problems with the vehicle.
14. Must have and maintain a valid driver’s license in good standing.
15. Performs other duties as assigned, some of which may be essential to the job.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
1. Knowledge of general maintenance techniques at a level normally acquired though completion of high school and up to one year of technical or vocational training.
2. Approximately five to ten years related experience in order to gain knowledge of troubleshooting, preventative maintenance, and general repairs on buildings, plumbing, HVAC systems, and so forth.
3. Good interpersonal and telephone communication skills.
4. Internal Contacts: All levels of personnel regarding repair and maintenance and to explain technical problems in simple terms.
5. External Contacts:Contractors to coordinate services; tenants to maintain relationships.
1. Work requires occasionally lifting and/or carrying objects weighing up to 25 pounds.
2. Work requires regularly climbing ladders, scaffolding, or ramps.
3. Work requires regularly stooping and bending.
4. Work requires regularly reaching and grasping objects.
5. Work requires regularly manipulating and operating power tools or machinery.
6. Work requires regularly walking and/or standing for extended periods of time.
7. Work requires frequently working in an area that is somewhat uncomfortable due to drafts, noise, temperature variation, or the like.
8. Work requires regularly traveling to locations other than office location.
Equal Employment Opportunity
First Industrial Realty Trust, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer Committed to Diversity, M/F/D/V